Senior Secondary School
Senior Secondary School students need to have a well-rounded, happy experience at school so they can learn independently, develop resilience, confidence and maturity before stepping out into the world. Senior School at Gyan Ganga International School provides students the opportunity to identify their areas of strength and pursue an academic program that is best suited to their learning style, inclination, and which is in alignment with their long-term goals. The best boarding school in India aims at giving the learner a sound foundation in conceptual knowledge and the skills of application, analysis and higher-order thinking.
We are proud of the depth and breadth of our extensive curriculum that can extendable students, while also providing support for those requiring additional inputs. Students acquire the flexibility and freedom to find the right subject fit of their choice. We look continuously at curriculum work to improve good national test scores.
The Senior Secondary School Programme
Gyan Ganga International School prepares students for examinations in the fields of Science & Commerce as per the CBSE curriculum. Students of the senior secondary school are also prepared to appear in the various competitive examinations through a classroom coaching system specially designed by the expert faculty of GGIS. The program provides a tremendous advantage to students in terms of content for higher education, Common Entrance Tests and college placement tests.
Curricular Practices in Senior Secondary School
- In Senior Secondary School, academic rigour, varied prescribed reading and supervised forays into the Internet stimulate, synthesize and co-ordinate learning.
- Students are guided in their preparations for their different competitive exams.
- Our assessments are based on projects, science exhibitions, activities, research, weekly quiz competitions, presentations and monthly reviews.
- The social programmes encourage the students for community service, making learning more meaningful and relevant to the student's future.
- Biannual term exams and Pre-Board exams for the students appearing for their Board Exams, to ensure ongoing assessment and guidance for students to face academic challenges.
- Field trips, workshops and guest lecturers take on new meaning as interactions with experts and specialists in various fields becomes the focal point of the top school of India.
- Leadership training through standing for elections to the Student Council. Students demonstrate initiative by leading assemblies, organizing events, taking the lead on Community Outreach programmes and working on extended projects.
- Co-curricular activities include sports and PE, exposure to inter house cultural, fine arts and oratorical events. Students of Grades 11 and 12 also choose one co-curricular activity that they will aim to excel at during the course of the academic year.
- Career counseling and support for college placements like providing contacts, organizing workshops or directing students to work with experts in the field.