At the onset of Secondary school, we attempt to harness our student’s natural strengths and bent of mind, and channel them through languages and subjects of their choice. By this time, the children mind, brimming with scientific curiosity, is catalyzed by a growing objectivity, creating a bond with nature, and sensitivity to the human environment. Knowledge, and an activity-based approach to the sciences, makes the child think in more inventive ways. The humanities, fine arts, performing arts and a host of co-curricular activities including sports, prepare the child for a wholesome and liberal attitude to life and relationships.
The best boarding school in India consciously work through these years on inculcating social and ethical values, which are enriched by independent, critical thinking, and an informed judgment that our students are encouraged to adopt.
The Secondary School Programme
At The Secondary Years comprise Grades 9 and 10. The students of one of the best result School in India are supposed to appear in the CBSE based examinations which are as per new CCE pattern.
Curricular Practices in Secondary School
- Developing the skills of articulation in written and oral communication the focus is on analysis and application of information assimilated from various sources.
- Academic rigour, varied prescribed reading and supervised forays into the internet stimulate, synthesize and co-ordinate learning. Information Technology is integral to our curriculum and we deliver a very successful and effective student computer program.
- Bi-annual term exams for Grade 9 &10 are structured as per the CBSE board. Students are open to appear in the school based or in the board pattern exams.
- Extended learning opportunities at the top residential school of India in the form of field trips, workshops and guest lectures.
- Project programme for students of Grade 9 & 10.
- Weekly student-led assemblies.
- Co-Curricular activities include sports and PE, exposure to inter house cultural, fine arts and oratorical events. Students of Grades 9 and 10 also choose one co-curricular activity that they will aim to excel at during the course of the academic year.
- Vocational tests for developing skills in particular subjects.